Tuesday, June 23, 2015

DIY Tutorial: Sesame Street Pack N Play into Toddler Bed

Welcome to my blog! This is my first post, so let me know what you think! I've been seeing a lot of posts on Pinterest about DIY Toddler Beds, so I decided to give it a go. This entire project took less than 30 minutes to do.



DIY Sesame Street Pack N Play Toddler Bed

Supplies Needed:


  • 1 Pack N Play (Any brand will do)
  • 2 Pool Noodles (If you don't have a toy bar)
  • Long Zip Ties
  • Scissors
  • Toddler Bedding Set



 I got my Pack n Play from my baby shower, but you can find them pretty cheap on Craiglist if you don't want to purchase a new one. It came with a toy bar, but I think I threw it away. I went to the Dollar Tree and purchased 2 pool noodles, which is what you see below.



You'll need to tie your pool noodles to each other with the zip ties as seen below. This is done on each end. 

Then you'll need to attach the noodles to the side of the Pack N Play with another zip tie.


Here is a closeup of how you do it. I pushed a zip tie through the very top loop in the mesh and then through the already tied zip tie. Pull as tight as you can to secure the noodles. 

                                        

Bend the noodles and do the same thing on the other side so that it looks like the picture below.


Next, you want to cut the front mesh out only. Be sure not to cut too close to the seams.


I wanted to do a Sesame Street themed bed, so I purchased this Sesame Street Bedding from Amazon.com. You should wash the set before you put it on the bed.


                                                  

I put the fitted sheet over the top of the noodles. (And then my little one jumped in LOL)



I used the flat sheet as a bed skirt and then dressed the bed with the rest of the bed set.


I haven't yet learned how to sew, so I went to Ross Dress for Less and bought some red King Size Pillowcases and just draped them over the Pack N Play sides. I also printed the sign using shapes I made in PowerPoint and put the paper on Cardboard. I loosely hand-sewed it to the sheet. The string can easily be cut if I need to wash the sheet (that's if my son doesn't pull it off first) LOL!



My little one LOVES to go night night now :-)



Leave me a comment and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!